Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Decor

How many times have I mentioned about budget? A lot of times and décor usually takes up more than 50% of the budget. I first approached another decorator to design for my wedding but my father only wants the best., Siu, the maestro of decorator.

Our family had used him for both my brothers’ weddings and he always creates the plushest decors. He has the magic touch and how I had begged with him not to charge so much for his magic.

My oldest brother did the European garden, my second brother did the Garden under the Starlight, and Siu decided to do Asian garden for me.

I requested for him to make the wedding décor as Korean as possible but due to the lack of resources and inspirations from Korea books, I thought the décor should be more globally Asian.

He didn’t provide any sketches but I was sold by his idea of creating a lake (a pool really) in the wedding hall! He always wanted to do it but there wasn’t a wedding location able to consume a pool for decoration.


There were Asian palace with many cherry blossom trees and the flowers cascaded from the trees and touch the lake, creating a perfect double illusion.


No comments: