Thursday, July 23, 2009

Baby on Air

More pics from my blackberry...
Baby J is relatively easy on air. Our trip to Seoul is longest air time for her so I planned for the night flight - the red eye flight. We even went to the airport few hours earlier so she could sleep on her stroller.
Maybe Baby J could feel our excitement taking her for a trip, she stayed clear-eyed throughout the 3 hour wait in airport. On the plane, it took her awhile to settle down, she joined in the chorus of the other babies' cries on the same row and I had to walk and rock her to sleep.
Both mommy and daddy were already so tired and it was until 2am when she finally slept on the flight bassinet. Before I could doze, there was turbulence and I had to take Baby J out from her bassinet
. We finally had couple of hours to nap before we touch down Seoul (approx 6hrs flight Singapore-Seoul).

On our flight back to Singapore, we took the 7pm flight and upgraded our seats to business class, using up all the mileage we earned for 1yr! It was a new plane, with the full recline seats, I thought Julia would be able to sleep this time around. Nope. With the extra space, it became playground for her to climb over to daddy and rummage the inflight magazines.
After few hours, when she was so tired from being unable to sleep and crying, she threw up. The best thing I could do was to stay calm, smacked daddy's head to wake him up, wiped off puke from my face and neck, grabbed baby's spare pajamas, walked over to restroom to clean baby first then barked at daddy to get my spare clothes. Baby J was too tired to cry further and she finally succumbed to sleep.With the plane buzz and my husband's snore, I got some sleep with Baby J next to me on the seat.
All was well towards immigrations and baggage claim, it was inside the taxi when Baby J woke up and grinned at us. It was 1am.

No comments: