Monday, October 29, 2012

Suki Skin Care Reviews

I used Lamer for years and after that I turned into a big SK-ii fan, using the cellumination series. I had the glowy and fresh face. Then I was pregnant with #2, and I was told to stop using cellumination series and just use the normal range. No problem there, only slight pore clogging and white heads.

Saw a promotion in Lane Crawford Hong Kong for Revive skincare and I purchased the set. Had zits but it could also due to pregnancy (my third this time).

Well, if you don't mind paraben skincare, I would recommend sk-ii line. It does clogged up pores due to the richness of the creams. Revive was so-so, Sk-ii, I saw instant results.

There was also the Shu Uemura spf mousse base. I loved it and used 3 bottles of it. Didn't care much on the newer foundation mousse base. although it gave much better coverage than the regular mousse base.

Why am I going on sk-ii, Revive, and Shu Uemura, when I wanted to review on Suki? I thought a little background on my history of skincare is a good comparison for reviews for my switch to paraben-free skincare. I did consider Dr. Haushka skincare, but I was sold on Suki's packaging. Yes, yes, I judge by looks and packaging.

You can read about how good Suki's ingredients are, paraben free, all natural, etc, but here's my take:

Bio C serum - not bad
Bio brightening - wanted to like this little bottle. Didn't feel it lightening my sun spots but it does brighten my complexion
Intensive nourishing cream - I like the natural fragrance but my skin felt a little pulled. I applied a little argan oil after this cream
Toners - tried both. Have to apply twice (sprayed on cotton pad) to feel the cleaning off impurities. Nice smell
Velvet moisturizing cream for body - nice smell. Not bad.
Tinted active moisturizer - used the porcelain. Applied this during mornings due to the spf, albeit little (I usually go for 35spf and above). Goes on smooth, evens out the skin, doesn't make my face look orange or yellowish. Husband and sis did mention I look like I had heavy make-up, commenting I looked too 'fair' or white. Since I do light therapy, I covered my face with hood, so I can't say if its because of this tinted moisturizer or my light therapy, that makes me looked too white.

My verdict with Suki - I haven't had breakouts, my skin feels good and not clogged up. Knowing its without parabens and using real natural ingredients is a definite plus. Usage - 3months and going on with this product.

No comments: