Saturday, February 21, 2009

Chicco Puresteam


It took me some time to consider buying Chicco Puresteam. Its quite pricey and I do have a steamer and blender too. However, my steamer takes forever to steam small portion of baby's food and my blender, well, the mommy like to use it for mommy and daddy's food.

I think this little machine works like Beaba's Babycook but since Beaba's products are not available in Jakarta, the only choice is Chicco's and this model is just cool! Not only it's compact, smaller than my toaster, thus, saved a lot of my tabletop space, it also save more of my mineral water for steaming process, just a tiny bit of water and I can steam food compared to my old steamer that requires few cups of water.

I place pre-cut food into the container, steam for 20min (unlike my old steamer at 40min), take out the steamer compartment, scoop the steamed food into the container again, insert the blades and puree. Wow. All in one compact machine.

Another pro about Puresteam is that it's BPA-free! The container is made of PSU. I read that Beaba Babycook is not going to change its polycarbonate container and to me its just not babysafe considering that we steam baby's food in it and all those chemicals will leach directly into the food and into our baby...

Where to buy - Suzanna Baby Store in Pondok Indah is cheapest at 1.230.00, Kasih Ibu at 1.450.000 (before negotation) and Chicco store.

No comments: