Thursday, June 21, 2007

My Bridesmaids


Initially, I had thought to have only 1 maid-of-honor, my sister, and 1 bridesmaid, my cousin. I didn’t want to inconvenient any of my friends. I know it’s very tiring to be a bridesmaid as it will be a one whole day event..

Moreover, I didn’t thought I would have an elaborate wedding dress with long train. My sister did tell me in advance that she will not be carrying the train of my wedding dress. Granted.

Last minute, I casually asked my close friend if she wanted to be my bridesmaid and she said yes! Thankfully for her, I had two loveliest and patient bridesmaids to carry my train.


Bridesmaid's Dress


I was a bridesmaid once for a friend and she had custom made her bridesmaids’ dresses.. It was pretty and thoughtful of her to make the dress in such a way that we’ll be able to re-wear the dresses again in future.

However, it was in a shade of ivory and thus, a shade of a bridesmaid dress.

I borrowed her idea and I picked out beautiful Mandalay (American brand) cocktail dresses from my store’s new collection delivery. I had other choices from the same designer but it was overtly sexy and I figured my bridesmaid will have to be dressed more demurely since they have to reach down to pick my train. :) The gold dresses fitted them perfectly and I hope they’ll be able to wear them again to other parties.



No comments: