Saturday, September 15, 2007

New York, New York

Ahh, I have to say, I'm so glad to be back home. I decided I'm not a jet-setter after-all. Lots of girls would love my job, flying around cosmopolitan cities to buy designer collections for boutiques. Nah, I ran out of energy and spirit.

Arriving in New York, I have an angel of a brother-in-law who drove down from Boston to pick me up in the airport and sent me to my hotel. The hotel rates during fashion week were in ridiculous rates but I managed to get myself a 3 star hotel in flatiron district- Marcel Hotel.

Its a bit out of my way of shopping but I stayed in this hotel before and find it very decent, other than the annoying automatic mini-bar that will charge you if you take out items out from it or open the bar for a quick peek.

The bedsheets were clean, the operator replied to my questions, there's a bistro (no room service) who delivers 24hrs when I jet-lagged and had hunger pangs at 2am, the place was easy to find once you are familiar with the area, the price was okay... would I stay again here? The answer is no.

There's so many hotels in New York! But there's a hotel where I love to stay over and over again. Shoreham. Unfortunately, their prices increased when they renovated. Ugh.

No comments: