Friday, July 20, 2012

Best Baby Products to Invest In & Reviews

I don't want to sound obnoxious but after shopping for #1, #2 and now #3, I like to recommend moms-to-be some of these great items.

Of course you need the baby essentials:
Baby layettes - Kicky Pants from US are great. They are super soft and organic. Get the newborn set to try. Zutano has cute prints too. #1 wore mainly organic but #2 wore from gifts.
Toiletries - Recommend California Baby Calendula and diaper cream.
Feeding - You can read here
Formula - Holle and Babynat (tried other organic ones)
Carseat - Aprica and Britax
Breastpump - Avent and Medela

These are my new investments for #3

Arm's Reach Original


I used the mini version but found that baby quickly outgrew it and it was just stored in the storage room until I decided to give it away. I liked the original size better and it can transform into playard later on. With Arms Reach, I just easily transfer baby into the cot easier than Graco ones and I can see how's baby doing when I'm lying down. I had to have it shipped from US, HK only carry the Mini version. 4years ago, the Mini was found in some baby stores..
Brest Friend

#1 and #2 was on Bobby pillow but I gave it up. Brest Friend offers more back support and I like it how baby can do her flash nap before remembering that she's hungry. #3 sleeps in between so I lay her down on Brest Friend and continue on the next when she shows signs of hunger. You can find it in Metro and Baby Empire in Jakarta.
Medela Freestyle
#1 I used Avent Isis and that time only the polycarbonate was available. #2 I bought the new BPA-free Isis. #3 I decided to invest in duo pump and after getting good reviews from friends, I bought the Medela from Takashimaya Baby Fair and its great. It does the auto switch to different rhythms and I find it very soothing. I had thought the cups compared to the silicone petals of Avents will be uncomfortable, but it isn't so.
Simple Wishes
Buy this if you have duo pump! I use Pigeon standard neck glass (hand-me-down from #1) and Avent glass bottles (use the converter rings) and it still hold up. Of course I wouldn't want to have heavy bottles to weigh my chest down but if you use the plastic bottles, you can walk around the room freely.
Little Giraffe Swaddling Cloths


#1 used Kiddopotamus swaddle and a lot of from ITC local made Nary brand swaddling cloth, which #3 still uses them too. However, Little Giraffe's swaddling cloths are so beautiful, soft and versatile, I smile when I swaddle and carry #3. Of course, the blankys and blankets are equally divine. #1 and #2 cannot part with the 'Pekys' (nickname of the blankys by my adorable niece, whom is same age as #1). Even my husband loves to cuddle up with the XL throw. They are expensive but its a worthwhile investment.
Avent Natural Comfort Pump
I haven't receive this item yet but will send my review after receival and usage.

No comments: